Reforms, Levy, Apprenticeships, Funding, Mentoring & Benefits
2. The Apprenticeship Levy
All organisations with a pay bill in excess of £3million are required to pay 0.5% of their payroll value into an apprenticeship levy account. Funds remain available within this online Digital Apprenticeship Account for 24-months and can be used for specific purposes:
Levy funds can be used for:
• apprenticeship training and assessment
• against an approved framework or standard
• with an approved training provider and assessment organisation
• up to the funding band maximum for that apprenticeship
Levy funds cannot be used for:
• travel and subsistence costs
• managerial costs
• traineeships, work placement programmes or in house training programmes
• the costs of setting up an apprenticeship programme
Each apprenticeship framework or standard is placed within one of 15 funding bands. These bands denote the maximum level of Government funding that can be accessed to support the training and assessment costs.
For more detailed information on how the apprenticeship levy will work please go to:
Apprenticeship Levy - How will it work?