ESFA provided extra Tuition Funding to Hampshire Achieves to support small group tuition for 16 – 19 year old learners in English, maths, employability and personal skills and behaviours. We have prioritised this funding for those learners who have not achieved a grade 4 in English and/or maths.
This funding is supporting learners on our Traineeship and Supported Internship courses.
Those in scope for this extra support have been identified and a range of activities are now in place, these include;
- All extended learners have had additional 1:1s – for on programme and progression support with embedded Functional Skills around completion of application forms, job searching and interviews
- Supported Internship – online socials (small groups) held on MS Teams to support welfare and engagement – Functional Skills embedded through quizzes and online games etc. These also support learners wellbeing and health awareness needs
- Supported Interns – those learners who had to complete a 2nd year due to COVID 19 have completed a full induction with the new groups. Digital skills assessment is an additional consideration, as is ensuring safety on line.
- Supported Interns – other year 2 learners had Work Experience which continued from Aug/Sept 2020 and learners are being supported through weekly contact from the Tutors/Skills Coaches and they join in Functional Skills sessions. We expect these learners to have specific small group tuition in the Spring/Summer term.
- Additional online Functional Skills sessions for extended learners
- NCS on line career sessions - referral options for Trainees and Interns extended learners for end of planned delivery progression support
- Weekly additional l 1:1 Welfare sessions with Skills Coaches.
This support is in addition to the young peoples’ planned programme hours. The teaching and support team are tracking this via an electronic portfolio; One File.